Infection Control Courses
Book an Infection Control & Prevention Training Course!
This course delves into the study of infectious diseases, including how they are spread and controlled. It covers the science of infection and the methods used to prevent and control infection in humans. It is suitable for those in healthcare, retail, food, or hospital settings, as well as anyone interested in learning more about infections. The course takes a patient-centered approach to increase understanding of how to prevent, control, and treat infections.
This course aims to:
- Expand your knowledge of infectious agents, transmission methods, and disease pathology.
- Provide an understanding of the principles of infection prevention and control, including the significance of reflective practice.
- Utilise real-world scenarios to critically examine methods for diagnosing, managing, and treating infections.
- Develop your ability to effectively communicate current advances in infection prevention and control.
- Collaborate with local health sector organisations and employers to provide insight into the challenges and opportunities of infection prevention and control.
Assessment in this course will center on evaluating and reflecting on real-life case scenarios through various elements such as:
- Discussions on case-based scenarios
- A written analysis of a simulated case scenario
- A reflective report
- Real-life situations and examples shared by health partners and professionals will inform the case scenarios and discussions. Additionally, you will receive ongoing formative feedback through weekly online self-check tests and during case-based scenario discussions on study days.
Preventing infection is crucial for maintaining health and well-being, especially as antimicrobial resistance becomes a growing concern.
In human health and care settings, the rapid development of resistance, particularly to antibiotics, demands that nurses and other healthcare professionals adapt their clinical practice to stay current with the latest evidence and models of service delivery.
This cutting-edge program equips participants with the skills and knowledge necessary to address current and future challenges in their roles related to preventing or managing infection.